I've been trying something entirely new for my skin routine this week, and you know what? It's *really* working. There's been a lot of stress, and not being able to keep anything down all week has left me really dehydrated.
So, I've been doing the following twice a day:
Lush Saving Face Serum under a Catastrophe Cosmetic mask (calamine, Irish Moss seaweed, rose, chamomile, and fresh blueberries) or Aqua Marina (calamine, 3 different types of seaweed, aloe vera, patchouli, and a little orange oil)
Followed up with a little bit of Grease Lightning where it's needed
Tea Tree Water to tone (I'll probably switch back to BoFA when I get things completely calmed down. My skin + Seaweed and aloe = Happy!)
And here's where it get's really interesting... My skin hasn't been liking ANY of the moisturizers it used to get on well with. Vanishing Cream is out. Celestial is too heavy. Imperialis makes me red. And I don't want to sleep in the sun protection from Ultralight (which has been discontinued, anyway - DAMNED you, Lush!)
So, I've been using 9 to 5 oil based cleansing lotion as my moisturizer. Really. It might be the strangest alternative use I've tried with Lush, and my skin LOVES it. Really. Not to mention an $8 price tag for the small size bottle, which is easily 3-4 months worth of moisturizer. Beats $45 any day. It's so gentle, and doesn't really have anything in it at all (water, almond oil, dove orchid extract, everlasting flower absolute, and ylang ylang). I think my skin has just gotten SO sensitive it can't really handle much else. But this routine is now completely free of soap of any kind, and any traces of cocoa or shea butter (save for the serum bar, and that doesn't stay on my skin). And I have a happy, snuzzleable, kissable, li'l face again.
And take a peek at that collarbone! Whoa, I *am* shrinking. When did I get collarbones?
So, I've been doing the following twice a day:
Lush Saving Face Serum under a Catastrophe Cosmetic mask (calamine, Irish Moss seaweed, rose, chamomile, and fresh blueberries) or Aqua Marina (calamine, 3 different types of seaweed, aloe vera, patchouli, and a little orange oil)
Followed up with a little bit of Grease Lightning where it's needed
Tea Tree Water to tone (I'll probably switch back to BoFA when I get things completely calmed down. My skin + Seaweed and aloe = Happy!)
And here's where it get's really interesting... My skin hasn't been liking ANY of the moisturizers it used to get on well with. Vanishing Cream is out. Celestial is too heavy. Imperialis makes me red. And I don't want to sleep in the sun protection from Ultralight (which has been discontinued, anyway - DAMNED you, Lush!)
So, I've been using 9 to 5 oil based cleansing lotion as my moisturizer. Really. It might be the strangest alternative use I've tried with Lush, and my skin LOVES it. Really. Not to mention an $8 price tag for the small size bottle, which is easily 3-4 months worth of moisturizer. Beats $45 any day. It's so gentle, and doesn't really have anything in it at all (water, almond oil, dove orchid extract, everlasting flower absolute, and ylang ylang). I think my skin has just gotten SO sensitive it can't really handle much else. But this routine is now completely free of soap of any kind, and any traces of cocoa or shea butter (save for the serum bar, and that doesn't stay on my skin). And I have a happy, snuzzleable, kissable, li'l face again.
And take a peek at that collarbone! Whoa, I *am* shrinking. When did I get collarbones?